CID-CEF 2022 Grants Approved
Thanks to God’s blessings, the Central Illinois District Church Extension Fund (CID-CEF) returned $65,652 to the District in the form of grants. The grants were spread throughout the District and will serve a variety of needs, as follows:
The following is a summary of the grants we approved during the year.
Please add your prayers for these ministries supporting our pastors, teachers, youth, and members of the Central Illinois District.
Springfield Lutheran High School – Capital Campaign Matching Funds – $25,000
Providing a matching grant as seed money to assist in initiating a capital campaign following LuHi’s recent mine subsidence event displacing the school. We pray that the congregations and members of the Central Illinois District will rally around LuHi and provide needed assistance in facing a serious challenge to their ministry to high school students in the greater Springfield area.
Seminarians in the CID – Seminarian Grants – $18,000
Assisting with seminarians’ material needs as they prepare to support us with our spiritual needs.
Auburn Trinity – Night of Hope Event – $2,000
Providing support for the mental health challenges facing youth in Springfield’s East and West circuits.
Lutheran High Schools in the CID – Creation Science Series Presentations to Lutheran High Schools – $1,500
Resources to armor our youth to face the challenge of evolution vs. God’s creation.
Pastors in the CID – Christ-Centered Counseling Books for Pastors – $552
Resources for pastors to counsel our members in our times of need.
Springfield Our Savior’s – Live Nativity – $500
Witnessing to the community on Christ’s birth and the real reason for the season.
Peoria Trinity – Snack Packs for Franklin School – $500
Meeting the physical as well as spiritual needs of lower income families.
- Eastern Illinois University – $1,500– publicity materials to promote the campus ministry.
- Illinois State University – $1,000 – new computer and fire protection enhancement.
- Western Illinois University – $600 – ADA drinking fountain.
Central Illinois District:
- Junior High School Event – $5,000– sponsoring non-LCMS participation in the LCMS CID event for junior high school youth.
- Synodical Convention Joint Independent CEF Luncheon – $3,000 – sharing with our pastors the benefits to the District of having an independent Church Extension Fund.
- School Administrator Training – $2,500 – extending access to administrator training to a broader base, including pre-school administrators.
- Genesis Project – $2,000 – funding a program for evaluation of the readiness for new or expanded schools.
- Benevolence Funding – $2,000 – replenishing a fund providing financial assistance to our pastors and teachers facing challenges creating financial difficulties.